[CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts
From: hlserra@pwa.acusd.edu (H. L. Serra)
Date: Tue Mar 3 18:25:33 1998
Dale's point is well taken about the inability of the DX station to
CONFIRM that a station it works was, in fact, QRP, or mobile, or anything
else not verifiable by the DX op.

I'll go one step further: From having operated from contest stations, (DX
and domestic) which have worked boocoo contest CW QSOs, I can CONFIRM that
signing "/QRP" after your call DIMINISHES the chance that you will be
heard in a run pile up, and throws off the rythmn of the contest station's
run. The running contest op is expecting a straight callsign, or a
significant multiplier-indicating suffix or prefix (e.g.,"/ZS1" or
"ZS1/"). So he struggles to copy and log "/QRP,"  which has no contest
significance, busts his pile up run rythmn, takes much longer to copy,
log, and then to erase in a logging program which may not accept the
non-multiplier suffix.
So, QRPers-- JUST SEND YOUR CALL to contest run stations, and lose the
"/QRP." Believe me, if we can hear you, we will work you.

TNX es 73,
Larry N6NC (for 6E2L, 6E2T, XE2L contest team)