[CQ-Contest] Novices/Technicians/Contesting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Novices/Technicians/Contesting
From: caylor@concentric.net (John)
Date: Tue Mar 3 18:13:29 1998
On Mon, 2 Mar 1998 11:47:00 -0500, "Mendelsohn, Steve         MS"
<MENDELS@abc.com> wrote:

>>>George Fremin said:
>>>
>>> You should also show them HF contesting - invite them over.....
>>> This is a wonderful way to expose all this fun we have to the new comer.
>
>>I think George has come up with the perfect solution.  Want to give
>>a No-Code licensee full HF privileges?  Invite them over to contest at
>>your station!
>>Let them see the fun that upgrading will get them.
>>
>>A great idea!  -73- Steve, W2ML

It is the perfect solution.  Invite him over to help set up before the
contest begins.  He can make the coffee and sandwiches.  He can get
you a cold soda and go out for more junk food when the supply gets
low.  He can run errands for your wife so she doesn't bother you
during the contest.  He can clean up after it's over.  Really get him
involved with the fun of contesting.  He'll want to upgrade so he can
have his own no-code over for a contest.

It truly is a great idea! 73 - John, N2HNT  <vbg>