[CQ-Contest] Contesting, exchanges/frequency

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting, exchanges/frequency
From: rdidonna@wrf.com (rdidonna@wrf.com)
Date: Sat Mar 14 12:30:19 1998

In the few times that I have actually used packet during a contest, I have
relied upon it less for spotting a rare one.  What I have found more useful
is advanced notice of a rare opening or early signs that a band is opening
during the course of the day.  back when propogation was really good about
7 or 8 years back, I remember working WW at a calm pace.  Out of the
blue at about 9:30 or 10:00 came a big opening to VK and ZL when 10 meters
should have been dead.

Rich KI6ZH