[CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX...WW or Domestic ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX...WW or Domestic ?
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Sun Apr 5 15:05:47 1998
> > How about a new 'test. Like the 24 hours of Le Mans. You run what you
> > brung and the first over the line after 24 hours wins. No whining!
> >                   Le 24 Heures du Radio
>
> Isn't this called the IARU HF Championship?

Well, you are missing the point.  The IARU is 24 of 24.  It is not 24
of 48.  In a 24 of 48 contest you get to pick YOUR best 24 (not
necessarily contiguous) of 48.  In the 24 of 24 you get 24 regardless
of how it works out for you.

I love the IARU and I wouldn't change it even a little bit.  But the WPX
could be much more unique and interesting if it were 24 of 48.

73

Bill, W4AN