[CQ-Contest] Re: Dayton Off Site Forums - A Report (little long)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Dayton Off Site Forums - A Report (little long)
From: ni6t@best.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Tue May 19 23:44:15 1998
Bob W. Schenck wrote:

> By the way, did everyone notice that the Crown Plaza is requiring a 3
> night minimum stay next year??? That ought to upset some people.
> Remember! DX IS!
> See ya' in the pileups!
> Bob N2OO

According to my roommate at Dayton, there's more to it than that. Crowne
Plaza is also saying that, if a room is reserved when they are made
available later this month, the deposit will be CASHED. They say this is
to blunt the block reservation tactics customarily employed in the past.
But it means one's money is spent a year in advance of value
received--something I have not seen in my travels.
--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
160 meters: not a band, but an obsession