[CQ-Contest] Sending callsigns

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sending callsigns
From: wa6ipd@thegrid.net (art rideout)
Date: Fri Jul 17 10:41:09 1998
Ed-W0SD said the following,

If I were to get on the soapbox about something in regards to call signs
it would be that people need to give calls with phonetics.

I would like to take that a step further and say, USE STANDARD
PHONETICS.  DX stations often have a limited knowledge of English but
many have learned the standard phonetic alphabet.

The best I ever heard was from a YL she gave her call as W- Rubies
Diamonds and Pearls.  Not sure the DX station ever got her call correct.

de WA6IPD (Indiana Police Department)