[CQ-Contest] Sending callsigns

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sending callsigns
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Sat Jul 18 00:55:27 1998
John et al,

As a perennial S&Per, it seems to me that sending one's call after every
Q is not only wise operating habit, it's common courtesy to the stations
who may wish to call you.

Soooooooo often, a (predominately so) DX station will run 10 guys before
signing, ostensibly in the misguided belief that the 10 guys he might
want to work already know who he is. In my mind, this is not only bad
contesting practice, it's downright rude to expect either: passing
stations to dump their call only to be told they are dupes, or stations
to hang around for another nine Qs before figuring out who you are.

73 all,

ve4xt