[CQ-Contest] more - CQ-WW-CW Date ??

Subject: [CQ-Contest] more - CQ-WW-CW Date ??
From: ddjones@nas.com (Dale Jones K5MM)
Date: Mon Aug 3 20:25:56 1998
To: gi0kow <gi0kow@gi0nwg.demon.co.uk>
From: Dale Jones K5MM <ddjones@nas.com>
Subject: more - CQ-WW-CW Date ??

 Hi Robert:
 Your question certainly DOESN"T fall into the "sucky, etc" category.  My point
 was that the contest was invented by the Americans, is sponsored by the
 Americans, is run from America, etc.

 Just like the RSGB 21 Mhz, BERU, FOC, etc contests are British, and good
 too.  I enjoy them (except BERU).  Of course many countries Ham Radio
 Groups have their own contests.  Some more successful than others.  The
 ZL-VK-Oceania contest has dwindled away in recent years....too bad.

 Certainly CQ-WW-CW is a World-wide event.  Heaven forbid, it wouldn't
 be much of a contest if not for the non-American contingent.

 After I sent that original message, I asked myself, "Dale, When was the last
 time someone from another country asked the AMERICANS when would be
 a good time to have a contest?"  I couldn't think of one time when that might
 have occurred.  Someone in Europe sets the WAE dates/times, the Russians
 set their, the JA's theirs, etc.  But ownership of CQ-WW seems to have gone
 the way of KODAK and KLEENEX......everyone owns this one.  Thus,
 everyone is edgy when the issues come up.

 I think the dates will NOT change, but I was pissed because two or three
 Yanks jumped on Barry W2UP for even bringing the issue up.  They presented
 their cases in the so-called "sucky" way....you know......"blah blah blah,
we must
 consider the International Guys first, and because we don't do that, all the
 International guys hate the Americans"........etc.  Bunch of B.S.  As I stated
 in my commentary, that question should be able to sit on the table at face
 value and be debated openly.  There are a few thousand guys in the USA
 that get the crap kicked out of them by wives and families on that CW weekend
 each year.  Maybe there is a better weekend.

  ramble...ramble......etc.
 Thanks Robert!!
 Vy 73
 Dale  K5MM