[CQ-Contest] more - CQ-WW-CW Date ??

Subject: [CQ-Contest] more - CQ-WW-CW Date ??
From: ua9cdc@dialup.mplik.ru (Igor Sokolov)
Date: Tue Aug 4 12:55:26 1998
Dale, if you want cqww to remain the most interesting and important
contest of the year don't change anything. That includes scoring system.
Your referring to RSGB and other contests is incorrect. It is just like
comparing six over six stack with shortened vertical.
People value stability and predictability. Some are starting their
planning and preparations 2-3 years ahead. Just do not spoil what is
already good enough.
We all know that it is the contest sponsored by the USA. You have all
the rights to be proud of it. You have all the rights to change dates or
rules. Just do not do it in order to prove that is YOUR contest.

From: Dale Jones K5MM <ddjones@nas.com>
> Hi Robert:
> Your question certainly DOESN"T fall into the "sucky, etc" category.
My point
> was that the contest was invented by the Americans, is sponsored by
the
 >Americans, is run from America, etc.

> Just like the RSGB 21 Mhz, BERU, FOC, etc contests are British, and
good
> too.  I enjoy them (except BERU).  Of course many countries Ham Radio
> Groups have their own contests.  Some more successful than others.
The