[CQ-Contest] Attn NAQP Admin Folks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Attn NAQP Admin Folks
From: dave@egh.com (dave@egh.com)
Date: Wed Aug 5 14:28:24 1998
Hi Tom,

        I guess I'll be the one to surprise you about turning down the
power on an FT1000D.  Yes indeed, there is at least one op who does.
And yes, it's a little inconvenient because some contests require 150
watt limits for LP entries, others 100 watts.  That means I have to go
read CQ/QST/NCJ before every contest because I seldom remember off the
top of my head which is which.

        Yes, it's only 3 db.  Yet 3 db makes a big difference sometimes.
However, it is my goal to follow all the rules.  If I don't win a
certificate because I followed the rules, then I didn't deserve one.
Besides, I am sure the certificate I lost was due to a lack of something
more important than the 3 db - perhaps operator skill or strategy.

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT