[CQ-Contest] Non-contesting 10 meter window

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Non-contesting 10 meter window
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Wed Dec 16 09:06:38 1998
Bill- I am not a contester, but I do feel as you (and many others) do about
this short-sighted rule. However, in following some of the threads about
various rules, You should have seen that the contest committee is NOT
consulted about many of the changes before they are made.

The irrational desire to make the rules uniform for all the ARRL contests
is a good example.  Poor representation was not the problem, there, from
all that I have read. It appears that  "dont bother me, I set the rules -
the committee is just for advice" is the new rule.

Bill- w4bsg

At 01:03 PM 12/14/1998 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm very sorry that we must have had some poor contesting representation
>when this rule change was considered and passed.
>
>Could you now tell us the procedure in getting it changed back?
>
>Thanks Dan.
>
>73
>
>Bill, W4AN

-