[CQ-Contest] Non-contesting 10 meter window

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Non-contesting 10 meter window
From: kw4t@forestlake.com (Dan Weisenburger)
Date: Fri Dec 18 03:59:35 1998
Seasoned Greetings Fellow Static Smashers,

I do firmly believe that the previous management at the contest branch
broke it and the new management needs to fix it.  The concept of
Novice/Tech + types needing a contest free zone does not hold water.

During the contest local 10-10 nets operated oblivious to the contest
and occasionally complained of the QRM which was on "their" frequency
which was in fact, above the CFZ.

If Novice/Tech+ would like to operate HF but not contest then I offer
the 15, 40 or 80 meter CW bands.  It's a good time for them to hone up
their CW skills.  The reality is that most are still trying to get as
many states worked and QSL'd and countries as well.  Eliminating 25% of
their available bandwidth penalizes these DX'ers and WAS'ers.

Now is the time ti fix this strange rule and notify the world!

GO IRISH!

73, from Lake Moneysgone, Dan,  KW4T

PS  Some of you worked me in Wisconsin, others worked me in Minnesota.
It was so warm I was paddeling the raft back and forth on the lake.