[CQ-Contest] QRZ without giving call

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QRZ without giving call
From: n7df@netmdc.com (N7DF)
Date: Wed Mar 10 15:21:00 1999
If anyone should be penalized, it is the operator who makes multiple =
contacts without giving his call.  Of course he may be getting a penalty =
already in excessive duplicate contacts.
The thing is, everyplace I have been licensed there has been a =
requirement that the station be identified at least once per contact.  =
Failure to properly identify with each QSO is, therefore, in violation =
of the license requirements and should result in disqualification under =
the rules of every contest.
My personal policy, when I hear a station call QRZ without identifying, =
is to wait for one go-around.  If he calls QRZ without identifying again =
I will call him, asking for his call when I work him.  If it is a dupe I =
don't log it.
The time saved by not giving your call with each QRZ is more than lost =
by the number of excessive dupes that are made.  Many stations (myself =
included) follow the practice of simply giving their call when the QSO =
is complete.  This is a much better policy than calling QRZ without =
giving the callsign.
I don't believe in having "band police" to monitor people who violate =
the contest rules but I do feel that these "non-identifiers" should be =
penalized somehow.  Possible if everyone worked them every time they =
were heard to call QRZ without identifying, they would get the idea =
after awhile and start giving their call to avoid so many dupes.