[CQ-Contest] QRZ without giving call

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QRZ without giving call
From: Fatchett.Mike@tci.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Thu Mar 11 11:05:47 1999
I also wish everyone would send their call after every contact, but some of
these suggestions are just silly.  Penalizing a station for not  sending his
call?  How are you going to enforce that?  Many operators are not skilled
contesters and are doing the best they can.  One comment was to work the guy
and ask for his call.  If he didn't give his call  scratch the QSO?  Hmmmm I
think I would rather wait and get his call and the points.  What if it was a
mult?  What if you call the station later and he WON'T work you because you
are a dupe?    Are you telling me that your rate is so high searching and
pouncing that you can't wait for a minute or two?  Come on a rate of 120
Qso's an hour is 2 contacts a minute!!!

The last thing I want from the contest sponsors is for them to tell me
exactly how I have to participate.  Many innovations and improvements to
contesting has come from people trying new things.  2 radios, Voice keyers,
Computer logging and on and on.

Frankly I am happy the station got on and I have the chance to work him.

I agree with Trey.  Aren't we supposed to be having fun?  Nobody is holding
a gun to my head to operate.  If it is not fun turn off the radio.

Mike
W0MU