[CQ-Contest] Re: April WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: April WPX
From: k8cc@ix.netcom.com (David A. Pruett)
Date: Sat May 8 17:00:28 1999
I would like to add my vote to KL7RA's for moving WPX CW to April.  While I
have genuine respect for my FLQP cohorts and hate to see anything impose on
what they've accomplished, WPX CW is a major, worldwide operating event
that suffers tremendously from "summertime" propagation.  Moving it to the
last weekend in April (only five weeks past the spring equinox) would
change the nature of the contest tremendously.  It would also get the
contest off the Memorial Day weekend here in the USA, a major point to me
as I try to pull together a crew for M/M this time.

The WPX staff took a bold (and successful) step this year with the one
point rule.  If they can just get the CW weekend on a better date, I'd
nominate N8BJQ for the Contest Hall of Fame :-)

73,

Dave/K8CC