[CQ-Contest] Re: April WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: April WPX
From: k0xq@amsat.org (Sean Warner K0XQ)
Date: Sun May 9 20:22:15 1999

>The WPX staff took a bold (and successful) step this year with the one
>point rule.  If they can just get the CW weekend on a better date, I'd
>nominate N8BJQ for the Contest Hall of Fame :-)

Well, if anyone is keeping a tally, here's a vote to keep WPX where it is.
Some of us rather like it being on a holiday weekend, eliminates the need to
either take Monday off or walk around at work like a zombie, suffering from
the usual post-contest sleep deprivation recovery shakes.

N6TR said it best: let's not try to make every contest CQWW.

73 de K0XQ Sean

Sean Warner K0XQ
E-mail: k0xq@arrl.net webmaster@rossiya.net
Krenkel Central Radio Club of the Russian Federation (US Mirror)
http://www.rossiya.net/crc.htm
Minnesota QSO Party Home Page http://www.rossiya.net/mnqso.htm
K0XQ Department of DX http://www.rossiya.net/k0xq.htm