[CQ-Contest] Re: April WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: April WPX
From: rocker@datasync.com (Ray Rocker)
Date: Sun May 9 23:22:14 1999
K8CC wrote:
> I would like to add my vote to KL7RA's for moving WPX CW to April.  While
> have genuine respect for my FLQP cohorts and hate to see anything impose
on
> what they've accomplished, WPX CW is a major, worldwide operating event
> that suffers tremendously from "summertime" propagation.

Maybe it's a location thing, but I *like* summertime propagation.

Yes, 10 meters is flat, and summer is not the time of year for
80 or 160 meters.  On the other hand, 20 meters is so much more
fun in the summer due to the nightpath.  Lots of DX without the
wall-to-wall stateside QRM!  WPX CW and IARU have always been
among my favorite DX contests for this reason.

--
Ray Rocker   WQ5L
rocker@ametro.net