[CQ-Contest] CQ WW 160 CW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW 160 CW
From: cterkla@ici.net (Chris Terkla)
Date: Sat Jan 22 10:24:58 2000
I agree with Bruce's comments. Especially the thought of "Who is DX to
where" and the concept of the window.  What are the 160m privileges for the
DX countries?  I know Japan apparently has the little window at 1900, are
any other countries so restricted?  If not, then there might be some real
credence to Bruce's statement.  Why, in a contest that will certainly occupy
a great portion of the band, should a space be reserved for "DX" when in a
world wide contest most certainly you will be DX to many of the folks that
you work? The only real window is really the anti-contest league  at 1850
+/- splatter!

Two cents from a rookie.
Chris N1XS