[CQ-Contest] Re SO2R: MBr, 2Br, 1Br, 0Br, ScBr

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re SO2R: MBr, 2Br, 1Br, 0Br, ScBr
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Fri Jun 2 20:47:19 2000
Based on my long and painful contest experience, all this separate/not-separate
2 RX stuff is missing the REAL need for separate categories:

Categories should be based on the number of BRAINS involved.

Multi-Brain: more than one brain used during the contest.

 Sub categories of Multi-Brain:

Multi-Single Brain. Only one brain at any one time during the contest. All
other brains are off. Some contests may allow multiplier brains.

Two-Brain. Just two brains allowed, but both can be on at the same time.

Single Brain: Only one brain allowed.

Scrambled Brain: Special operating privilege allowing starting a new log at the
end of the contest.

No-Brain: Reserved for those ##%!@&^^! operators who #$%&&@?><$.

See, it's really simple.

73, Guy.

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:38:22 -0400, you wrote:

>At 05:58 AM 6/2/00 -0700, Bill Turner W7TI wrote:
>
>>It's interesting that the two-radio guys are the most vociferous about
>>having only one category.  Sort of like the Indy cars wanting to race
>>against everybody.
>
>I'm a 1-radio guy, and firmly believe that SO should not be changed.  If
>there's only one guy/gal in the chair, and s/he's not getting any help from
>anyone or anything, then it's single-operator.  I don't care how many
>radios are in front of him/her.
>
>73 - Jim AD1C
>

>--
>Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>