[CQ-Contest] Click, click, click...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Click, click, click...
From: clive_whelan@btinternet.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Fri Feb 23 19:46:41 2001
  Bill Fisher W4AN wrote:

 > I'm happy to apply any modification or fix to my Yaesu radios to help cure
 > this problem.  But I don't even know if this problem can be fixed.  Are
 > any of you "smarties" out there aware of which radios are the problem?  My
 > observations are far from scientific.

Unless you have a malfunction, your MP is clean, check the Radcom and QST
reviews. Either way you cannot, unfortunately, alter the keying
characteristics of the MP( et al) the way you used to be able to do. This
would be a much better function than some of the silly bells and whistles
that come as standard.

There is little doubt that the problem is one of overdriven amplifiers not
transceivers ( horrible overgeneralisation I realise)

73

Clive

GW3NJW
Contest Cymru