[CQ-Contest] Watch that main radio while SO2R...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Watch that main radio while SO2R...
From: n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Mon Mar 5 03:03:52 2001
Doug,

Perhaps, given your years of experience, or perhaps as a result where
you are, the amount of interference on that frequency seemed normal to
you and you felt that you had a "clear-enough" frequency.  I think you
were right.

It seems that many now feel that they are entitled to a completely
clear passband.

These guys need to get real.

I had a W6 try to chase me off on 15 this afternoon by coming on my
frequency several times, telling me that the frequency was in use.
Naturally, I ignored him totally and kept calling CQ.  I listened
around and found that this guy was up nearly 2.5kHz.  He kept moving
to my frequency trying to get me to react, and finally moved right on
top of my frequency and called CQ.  He even announced that he was
going to do so.  Ho-hum.   I moved up to where he was and had a great
run.

Clear passbands are not a given in a contest.

Robert E. Naumann
N5NJ / V26O
N5NJ@arrl.net
www.qsl.net/n5nj