[CQ-Contest] Watch that main radio while SO2R...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Watch that main radio while SO2R...
From: DF3KV@aol.com (DF3KV@aol.com)
Date: Mon Mar 5 17:06:21 2001
f25M6uW12662
Sender: owner-cq-contest@contesting.com

 >This even happens to W2s. <g>

 >I had this done "to me" by a certain K1 powerhouse.  I had already worked a
 >couple of guys and had a small run going when he came back and told me
 >"that's the way it works" (I wrote that down).  It was on 10m (where
 >there's lots of room) and he had the horsepower to clean my clock (at least
 >13 more elements) so I left.  Had it been 15m or 20m I would have stayed
 >just to make some noise.

 >"Too much" SO2R might even become a disadvantage as 10m and 15m close down
 >over the next few years.

 >- Mike N2MG

It happened that I just moved on YOUR run frequency, while checking CT for a
new
one that K1Asomething went on trying to get the frequency back. I knew he was
there before and moved to 15 for another multiplier some minutes ago.
When you argued you asked for the frequency several times he came saying
that he just worked the multi and returned to HIS frequency, you could also
do
so2r, thats the way it works...

That behaviour explains to me some highscores, as he was probably 20 db´s
stronger then you,  no chance to stay...

Peter