[CQ-Contest] E-QSLs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] E-QSLs
From: jdowning@intelenet.net (John Downing)
Date: Mon May 7 08:33:21 2001

  > what one man made THE award to have, the one that set you apart - saying "I
  > have DXCC" used to really be an awesome thing, it is not as impressive
  > anymore and a misguided rush to adopt E-QSLs would further cheapen THE ham
  > radio community's banner award.

 >> Given what I have just said and if digital signatures are used, how
 >> does it cheapen the award?

Hi Darryl,

The sound you hear is the collision of two cultures!  The "heritage" hams
who are set in their ways and won't consider ANY change and the progressives
(who I bet are younger and more internet savvy).  I'm with you on this and
have been for at least seven or eight years when one of my fellow Cuba Libre
Contesters, Peter AB6WM/C31LJ, proposed PKI based net based QSLs for our
annual sojourn to V31DX.

Save a tree!  Go eQSL!

best,

John W2NA /V31DX