[CQ-Contest] Dayton Topics past WRTC

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Topics past WRTC
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Thu May 17 10:24:04 2001
In a message dated 5/16/01 9:56:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, w3cf@home.com
writes:

> As the new
>  President of FRC I have been hearing strong rumblings that my membership
>  thinks the 3  QSO penalty is excessive. What do the rest of you think? I
>  have an addendum to that question.

Congrats! (I hope Algore didn't give you hard time :-)
We have been kicking this subject around here for a while. The "bosses"
insist that we have to be punished for mistakes, while their wrongly
identified "problems" go unpunished.
Tesla Cup will address most if not all shortcomings that creeped into
contesting in the past, stay tuned and check out
http://members.aol.com/k3bu/TeslaCup.htm
Also new Award - STRIPES is coming up, which will encourage award collectors
to get involved in TC and spare themselves postage - no QSLs needed, just to
be in the contest log. Honor Roll, live listings, etc.
While trying to get some discussions going, bring up the question why do we
need 0 points for domestic QSOs in CQ WW nowadays?
I could not get 5 minutes to announce Tesla Cup at the Contest forum, so I
will be staying home, grooming my garden and playing with verticals.

GL  Yuri, K3BU