[CQ-Contest] Dayton Topics past WRTC

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Topics past WRTC
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Fri May 18 00:19:38 2001
It's not really worth to look back because it's meaningless, each year and
each contest has its own conditions and history.
How to compare a result obtained 20 years ago with the typical poorer setups
(i.e 40m yagis were rare) and a recent one with stacked arrays and multiple
receiver systems has the same reliability degree than comparing a score in a
solar peak with scores done in years with no 15 and 10 meters openings.
Among the few parameters that are really possible to check there is
accuracy.
Penalties make very good sense and heavy penalties do punish who hasn't good
hears and guess qsos .

73,
Mauri I4JMY