[CQ-Contest] T/S 2nd radio antenna restrictions

Subject: [CQ-Contest] T/S 2nd radio antenna restrictions
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Mon May 21 18:53:15 2001

 > Ken,
 >
 > My reading of the rules is that any station in the TS category is
 > allowed a
 > tribander, and a single wire antenna for the low bands, and that's
 > it.  This is a unique characteristic of the TS class - no other class
 > restricts equipment or antennas other than the maximum radius rule.
 >
 > It would seem to me that as long as you stick to these
 > limitations, you can
 > use these antennas in any configuration.  For example, the single
 > wire can
 > be fed with open wire line and a tuner to allow the second radio
 > access to
 > either of the "tribander bands" not in use.

HUH?

Interesting what different people's interpretation can be of the rule:

 >From the WPX 2001 rules (http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/2001wpx.html):
(e) Tribander/Single Element (TS): Tribander (any type) with a single
feedline from the transmitter to the antenna and single element (TS)
category. During the contest, an entrant shall use only one (1) tribander
for 10, 15, 20 meters and single-element antennas on 40, 80, and 160.

To me, it means:

One feed line from the triband beam.  Single element antennas for use on 40,
80 and 160.

While it doesn't say you cannot use the single element antennas on the other
bands, it does say "entrant shall use only one (1) tribander for 10, 15, 20
meters."

Isn't using anything else (the wire antennas, for instance) for 10, 15 or 20
meters a violation of that portion of the rule?

73,
dale, kg5u