[CQ-Contest] contest taping

Subject: [CQ-Contest] contest taping
From: v31jp@logical123.net (Joe Pontek)
Date: Wed May 30 04:47:37 2001
>    I never have figured out why people bother taping a contest. If
> you listen to the recording and then change the mistakes you made
> in your log afterwards wouldn't this be considered cheating ?
>
>    I was talking about log checking with N1ND in Dayton and
> the ARRL is not going to change your log.... even if you come to them
> with a recording to prove them wrong. They stricky go by the logs they
> get and if some station gives you an exchange or call and you copy
> right but they log it incorrectly then you are out of luck. ( Dan,
> please correct me if I misunderstood you) I'm not sure about the CQ
> handles this. Maybe one of their log checkers can comment on this...
>
>                               Jeff

Actually, it's cool to send a .wav file to someone and let them
hear how well, or not so well, they were doing into your QTH
during a contest. Or, let some friends hear how well XU7 dah di dah
or some other station comes in. The first reason is usually not
for cheating.

And, I would like to review a recording against my UBN to see what
I did wrong and see if I can correct it the next time. I just can't
imagine going thru 48 hours of recording. It's rough enough the first
time through. I would even like to do video, but that would take
tapes and would require changing tapes every 6 hours, you know right
in the middle of a good run! ;-)

Best regards de K8Joe"Palooka" & Beverly
Joe & Bev Pontek, Sr.
26441 Devaney Road
Arcadia, IN 46030-9532
USA
317-984-7388
FOC 1743  FISTS 7625
K8JP V31JP VP5/K8JP VP5JP K8JP/VA2 ex-K8HKM
Read the "Contest Traveler" in The National Contest Journal
http://sites.netscape.net/v31jp/homepage
also: k8jp@arrl.net & v31jp@contesting.com