[CQ-Contest] SO2R radio positioning

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R radio positioning
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun Jun 24 23:33:31 2001
For the first time in my ham career, I've acquired a second hf transceiver
and am contemplating setting up for SO2R.

I've always tried hard for good ergonomics in my SO1R setup, and so I'm
thinking hard about how best to do sO2R.  Overwhelmingly, the conventional
wisdom seems to be to put one radio to the left of the op and the other to
the right. However, I have been very happy with my paddle and linear
to the left and my radio to the right (I'm left-handed), and so I'm
contemplating maybe stacking both radios on the right.  In such a setup,
the primary radio would be on the bottom, and the second-band radio would
be on the top.

I'd be grateful for comments from those who have gone before.  Did you
consider what I'm thinking about and decide against, or try it and discard
it?  If so, why?  How did you arrive at your current configuration?

73, Pete N4ZR
No, no ... that's WEST Virginia