[CQ-Contest] Contest Cookbook

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Cookbook
From: jayt@arraysolutions.com (Jay Terleski)
Date: Tue Jan 22 06:34:52 2002
Neat Idea guys!

Why not make it a conglomeration of chapters coordinated by a good
editor type on this mail-group. The chapters can be written by everyone
who wants to contribute.

To get this started off I will be glad to write/contribute to the
chapter on SO2R equipment and techniques.
I bet I can get N5TJ and others to also contribute to this chapter. And
of course I will keep it generic as to products available.

Also on Antennas sytems.

We need a logging program guys to do their chapter, tower guys to do
theirs,
DX-pedition guys to share their tricks, etc etc.

Whom would like to be the editor? Whatsa?

Jay, WX0B

ted demopoulos wrote:

> I was always a DXer and contests were simply primetimes to work lots of DX.
> Then (100 years ago :) I found the "Contest Cookbook" - it fascintated me
> and is what got me interested in contesting the most. A couple weeks later I
> submitted my first contest score (complete with paper dupe sheets, etc).
>
> Yeah, we could use a new contest cookbook!
> 73
> Ted KR1G
>
> >From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>
> >To: <merceret@flatoday.infi.net>, "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
> >CC: <jtolbert@gremlan.org>, <fcg@mailman.qth.net>,
> ><cq-contest@contesting.com>
> >Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Is copying an exchange important on "the phone"?
> >
> >About a hundred years ago, I was young and wanted to learn
> >everything about contesting. I consumed QST magazines, poring
> >over contest results and articles by W4KFC and others (I still
> >have photocopies of those articles in notebooks somewhere).
> >
> >The book that I learned a great deal from was The Contest
> >Cookbook. It had input from active comments on current techniques,
> >current hardware engineering tips, and all sorts of useful stuff
> >for someone getting started (or advancing through the pack)
> >in contesting.
> >
> >The contesting World could use a new "Contest Cookbook"!
> >
> >73,
> >   Jeff Maass       jmaass@columbus.rr.com     Located near Columbus Ohio
> >           USPSA # L-1192       NROI/CRO    Amateur Radio K8ND
> >      Maass' IPSC Resources Page:  http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass
> >Circleville USPSA/IPSC: http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/pcsiipsc.htm
> >

> >--
> >CQ-Contest on WWW: http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/