[CQ-Contest] NCJ circulation - Why decreasing?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NCJ circulation - Why decreasing?
From: K9GY@contesting.com (Eric Hall K9GY)
Date: Sun Jan 27 17:16:21 2002
Hello All

I was at a local hamfest today talking to an ARRL official about the
changes for QST contest scores etc. I noticed they had NCJ subscription
sheets on the table and I asked how the NCJ was doing...

The answer I got was that NCJ circulation is "dwindling."

So my questions are:
a) Why (as contesters) does it appear that we are not supporting
our own publication that covers our favorite area of the hobby?
b) If we aren't supporting NCJ, then how can we complain about
the recent changes that the ARRL wants to do in regards to QST
coverage of scores?
c) Are we prepared for NCJ to some day bite the dust too?

In my opinion, every contester (at least in the US) should be subscribed
to NCJ...whether you read it or not...Furthermore, every contester should
be a league member...

73, Eric