[CQ-Contest] Meet with the BoD

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Meet with the BoD
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Tue Jan 29 07:15:23 2002

I think the number is still around minus $600k.   Instead of cutting Section
News this year, there will be other cuts in QST.   Even though we've postponed
action on moving detailed contest scores, those changes were not even proposed
to start until 2003, so no impact this year.

Mary Hobart is the new development person and is actively working on ways to
reduce it but no promises.    Long term we've decided to invest (lose money for
a couple of years) in the new development office because revenue from our
traditional sources of income are declining or not increasing (publications
sales, memberships and advertising).

                -- Tom/K1KI

At 10:50 PM 1/28/2002 -0600, Ford Peterson wrote:

>Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Meet with the BoD
>
>> In general, I'd also like to know how they view the long-term trend on
>League finances.  Do they see an upside of any sort?
>>
>> 73, Ward N0AX
>>

>As far as finances are concerned.  The ARRL was staring at $600,000 of red
>ink.  Pushing some numbers around and receiving some money (thanks to the
>new grants and endowments prospector-- Mary something), the number is now
>looking like $100,000 of red ink.

=====
e-mail: k1ki@arrl.org   ARRL New England Division Director  http://www.arrl.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444