[RTTY] Re: [CQ-Contest] Morons at the NCJ

Subject: [RTTY] Re: [CQ-Contest] Morons at the NCJ
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Sat Feb 9 17:53:59 2002
As a "two mode" contester (CW and RTTY), I agree with Tyler one
hundred percent.

As I've said before on the RTTY Reflector, IMO, there are way too many
minor RTTY contests, and I would much rather see the activity of casual
(and not-so-casual) ops concentrated in the bigger contests. With no
disrepect intended to our XE friends, I'd like to see the XE RTTY
contest, and a bunch of others, just go away due to lack of interest.

I, too, would like to see the WPX RTTY moved further from ARRL CW. I
can't operate back to back weekends seriously. In years I have
operated the RTTY WPX, I've done ARRL CW part-time multi at N3RS
(to paraphrase Seinfeld, "not that there's anything wrong with that").
Some years, I like to operate ARRL CW from home, and in those years
I don't do the WPX test.
73,
Barry W2UP