[CQ-Contest] The Difference Between Rules and Ethics

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The Difference Between Rules and Ethics
From: dennis.mcalpine@verizon.net (Dennis McAlpine)
Date: Thu Mar 14 14:34:43 2002
So what constitutes "substantive"?  Is a bottle of Maderia wine for working
s a station on multiple bands "substantive/"  How about the CA QSO Party
where the top out-of-state scores receive a bottle of CA wine.  Do you
disqualify the entire contest for that?  I must confess I did not declare it
on my tax return.  How about a tee-shirt for working 100 Italians (running
only 300 watts of course) in the WAIP Contest?  Maybe we should do away with
door prizes at Dayton.  And, maybe forget the free hats at Yaesu.  Say, what
about the freebie Kenwood log books?   Once you go down this road, it ay a
hard one to navigate without running into some potholes.
73,
Dennis K2SX