[CQ-Contest] Re: Linears in the closet

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Linears in the closet
From: artinian@siol.net (Marijan Miletic, S56A)
Date: Fri Mar 15 22:57:45 2002
YM Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI wrote:

>To get 400W out of my amp requires approximately 20W drive which in turn
>means that the spurious outputs and other rubbish from the FT1000mp are
>greatly reduced.

Unfortunately this is not the case but it is not known to many hams!

100 W radio uses 200 W pair of transistors which exibit minimum distortion
levels at half power output.
Spurious transmitter products increase at both lower and higher RF power
levels.
20 W of RF drive is very close to transistors idle DC dissipation and clean
RF output can only be achieved in class A only offered by FT1000MP MK-V
radio.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

multipart/alternative
  text/html