[CQ-Contest] so2r off the shelf?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] so2r off the shelf?
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Sun Apr 14 15:59:03 2002
I hate to reinvent the wheel, don't have a lot of time to homebrew or
put together kits, and don't know much about operating so2r besides what
I have seen from a few guest operators.  But I am ready to buy the stuff
needed to make a better so2r setup option on my m/m station.  I am
looking to buy as much as possible, preferably including cables already
made up.

The equipment would be:
2x ft-1000mp
heil proset headset
ct or na logging software
dvp board for voice keying
aea morsemachine or other external keyer(s)
each band has its own coax coming in to the table

What I am looking for are suggestions for 2 or 3 things:
1. a headset/keyer/mic/dvp switch with cables
2. a 6 antenna to 2 radio antenna switch with band decoder for each
radio and control cables.
3. a 6 band 2 radio bandpass filter switch for between the radios and
amps, or possibly two separate switched bandpass filters with cables and
decoder.

Could one decoder run both the antenna switch and bandpass filter
switch?

What is available off the shelf to do this?

What are the pro's and con's of different models that are available, if
there are choices?

Is it better to run 1 computer or 2??  Why??

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net