[CQ-Contest] Ideas for WRTC 2004

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Ideas for WRTC 2004
From: n2nl@yahoo.com (David Mueller)
Date: Wed Jul 17 10:29:53 2002
K1TO, WC4E and myself were approached several times in
Finland about the possibility of having the next WRTC
in Florida.  Although it would be easy to have
identical stations due to the flat terrain, the
biggest problem in July is the weather.  Not only can
it be oppressivly hot to some of the competitors,
there are the thunderstorms which are a daily
occurance this time of year.  The percent chance of
having a thunderstorm during the contest probably
exceeds 75%.  Required off time could be an option,
however there are times these storms last for hours
and hours which could wipe out a team's chances.

The word from K7LXC at the award dinner were that
there were possible hosts from 4 continents (didn't
specify beyond that) for the next one which most
likely will be held in 2006.

73, Dave N2NL