[CQ-Contest] making lemonade (was: ARRL report on line scoresdecision)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] making lemonade (was: ARRL report on line scoresdecision)
From: jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Fri Jul 26 10:06:00 2002
> I wouldn't mind 15 days either, but I can't, for the life of me, figure
out
> why that should improve timeliness of result delivery by more than 15
> days.  Put another way, all of what Trey proposes could be implemented
just
> as well if the deadline remained 30 days.

Excellent point! 15 days is a small saving -- 6-12 months is a big saving.
It would be less disruptive to leave the submission window at 30 days and
have the results posted to the web within 60 days.

BUT what happens if you are not an ARRL member - do you have to wait an
additional 30 days until, for example, the SS results are release from the
members only section? I have never understood the logic of encouraging
everyone to enter contests and then penalizing non-ARRL members with a 30
day waiting period. I wonder if this annoying and discriminating policy will
change with movement of line scores to the web?

.. sylvan

????
Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK
"A Novel Perspective of Amateur Radio Contesting" at
http://www.dynamicforesight.com/~ve5zx