[CQ-Contest] ICOM 775 vs ICOM 756 PRO 2 vs YAESU FT 1000 MP5

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ICOM 775 vs ICOM 756 PRO 2 vs YAESU FT 1000 MP5
From: Timothy.Urban@wc.ey.com (Timothy.Urban@wc.ey.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 10:45:39 2002
Bill:

Sorry about your rig.

Seems like it will help you a lot to answer two questions:

        how important is it to have two easy to use rcvers operatable
simultaneously?

        and, would you prefer to be able to shift rx/tx from ant1 to ant2
on the front panel, or would you rather be able to use ant2 for subrcvr
diversity reception?

I have the FT1000Mk5 which I like a lot for the 2 rcvrs and the ability to
push a front panel button to switch between rx+tx on either ant1 or ant2.

My FT1000D doesn't let you do that since ant2 is never a tx antenna.  But
it does let you use the subrcvr to simultanteously listen on the second
antenna - really neat when you've got a horizontally opposed ant plugged
in ant1 and a vertical on ant2.  If it matters to you, the 1000D looks and
feels like the most quality piece of equipment I've ever owned.

Happy to be corrected by others out there who have more experience with
these rigs,

73

N5IIT

Cqtestk4xs@aol.com