[CQ-Contest] ICOM 775 vs ICOM 756 PRO 2 vs YAESU FT 1000 MP5

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ICOM 775 vs ICOM 756 PRO 2 vs YAESU FT 1000 MP5
From: ah3c@frii.com (Peter Grillo, Sr.)
Date: Fri Aug 23 06:32:19 2002
Hi Dave -

12 years have past since I had my own station to operate....been on contest
DXpeditions and some multi-op since.  Now I am building my own shack.  My
Geochron arrived 2 days ago.  My two FT-1000D's are still in their boxes (I
had the first one at KH3 and loved it, so I got the other and have never
used it).  I have been gathering SO2R e-mails over the past 6 years so I can
make up the rest of the station.  Now I will need to select the antenna
switching hardware and computer programs to go along with them.  I have
always preferred TR over CT, simply because of my fear of the windows
environment causing crashing and the subtle flexibility Tree had vision to
include early in the game.  I found a $50 used 486 computer just for keying
the radio.  I picked up a Heil boom mike/headset at WRTC 2002 and hope to
have enough aluminum up to be on in time for SS.

Hope to CU on.

Thanks for your summary.  It confirms I am heading in the right direction.

73,
Pete