[CQ-Contest] SS CW thoughts

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS CW thoughts
From: k7qo@earthlink.net (Chuck Adams, K7QO)
Date: Tue Nov 5 07:08:46 2002
Gang,

I just got back from driving 14 hours yesterday after working from
Lander, WY as a Q station.  I am posting a long report to QRP-L
and there will be a write up in World Radio, but here are a couple
of hints.

1.  Don't worry about the sections.  Work stations and they will
      come. {they ---  the sections}   On Sunday I was short
      ME and WY and 3 Canadian sections and you know those by
      heart by now.  :-)  I got a frequency (very difficult for a Q station)
      and made a short run on several bands and had ME and WY
      call me (WY was the other Q station in the state).

      I was hoping VY1JA was going to standby for Qs on the half-hour
      like he had in the past but the 10 meter pileup was large and so was
      the one just down the band for VO1MP.  QUESTION.  How do these
      guys work each other?

2.  Tree's comment about the unique stations brings up an interesting
      point.  I worked a couple of stations late Sunday.  They were giving
      out low serial numbers, so they just got started.  The thing that scares
      the stuffings out of me is that these guys are using bugs.  They could
      not send the same set of numbers twice!!!  Now I stopped and listened
      to three exchanges by the same station that I worked.  I will lose two
      Qs because I get credited with a bad exchange when I copied what he
      sent.  Next year from WY I may chose to not work anyone not using
      a computer for this reason.  I still don't know which one was the
right one.

      Tree.  Does the computer check routine do anything about this?

>Present score for 2002 -----  85,008 points from WY.  Thanks to all you
guys and girls that worked the weak one with portable antennas in -15F
weather (I was inside but it was cold anyway and you put up antennas
in 0 degree weather and you know what I mean.)  :-)

dit dit es cu nxt yr

Chuck Adams, K7QO
http://www.qsl.net/k7qo     and    http://www.earthlink.net/~k7qo

Moving to Arizona?  ----   Please bring your own water.