[CQ-Contest] Help for a little pistol station

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Help for a little pistol station
From: 00tlzivney@bsu.edu (Zivney, Terry L.)
Date: Tue Nov 19 10:19:48 2002
You gotta get on all of the bands - especially in the ARRL DX
contests where it is easier for LP stations to work DX.  Note
that I said it was easier to work DX in the ARRL, not that
it was easier to place well!  The competition seems to be
even stronger in the ARRL DX than in CQ DX for LP stations.
You have to get the multipliers to go with the contacts, and
80 and 160 are important for multipliers.  With your "East
Coast" location, you should be able to work some Europeans on
160 to go with the easier Carribean mults.

Most importantly, compete against yourself.  I REALLY, REALLY
want to win the USA in a DX contest, but it's hard to do
from the fringes of the Black Hole.  However, I "made my
own category" by going for the mythical USA All Around LP
DX champion, combining SSB & CW scores for the CQ WW,
ARRL DX, and CQ WPX contests.  This past contest season (2001-
2002) I "WON" this category and am now "DEFENDING" my
"CHAMPIONSHIP."

Best of luck.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9