[CQ-Contest] More than misleading calls. De VY1JA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] More than misleading calls. De VY1JA
From: snichols@mvosprey.com (Scott Nichols)
Date: Sun Dec 8 12:11:27 2002
While we're at it, lets get rid of  MAR  and have the three proper
ones...NS, NB and PEI...I've hated this forever...

Grouping provinces, states or territories together as one contest entity
is meaningless...We're all seperate political entities, we all have
seperate prefixes (except some VE1's in NB who wanted to keep their
original call after VE9 was implemented)...I suspect the groupings
originated because of ham population/individual entity being
small...Well, ND and SD aren't grouped...Neither are WY and ID...

Would make more fun in SS, FD and others, that's for sure...

Scott VE1OP