[CQ-Contest] Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks
From: wd4ahz@gte.net (Ron Wetjen)
Date: Tue Dec 10 10:48:03 2002
Bill Fisher, W4AN wrote:

> And, why should it?  They produce a really wide signal so that nobody can
> get close to them and then have a competitive advantage.

Some EU stations are good at this as well.  Have been the recipient many
times ... always while I'm running ... they'll park themselves near by,
making 5 kcs either side of them just about useless for anyone else.

I NEVER hear their signal ... just their "clicks".

If "peer pressure" works, maybe we need to start making a list of these
guys and post them after each contest.

Ron