[CQ-Contest] Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks
From: w4an@CONTESTING.COM (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Tue Dec 10 11:04:51 2002
You know what... this is an excellent idea.  I will write an application
to do it.  I'll post a link on www.contesting.com.  I'll make it so your
post can be anonymous or not with date, time, band, and comments fields.
The most complained about stations (top-10 USA and top-10 Europe) can be
featured on CQ-Contest once per month for their efforts.  :)

FWIW, I just received a note that my station was clicking in the CQWW CW
contest.  The operator had brought up two of his FT-1000MPs, which
explains the complaint.  Going forward I'm going to insist that MPs are
not used at my station or that they have been fixed per the W8JI
modification (which works).  I've replaced my MPs with Kenwood radios to
solve the problem.

73

Bill, W4AN