[CQ-Contest] SO2R Radio Placement

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Radio Placement
From: kr6x@kr6x.com (Leigh S. Jones)
Date: Tue Jan 28 20:57:25 2003
I may be misleading myself, but in my experience the way to get a
stiff
neck is to look down most of the time -- as in looking down at a
paper log sheet as you write in it, or at the radio dial.  Or at a
computer
screen that's not level with or slightly above your eyes.  And
especially
looking mostly down all the time and never changing the angle of your
head.

Computer logging, with the screen at eye level, has eliminated most of
my stiff necks that I used to get when contesting.  That, and headset
microphones instead of microphones bolted too low to the edge of the
desk.