[CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R
From: kq2m@earthlink.net (Robert Shohet)
Date: Tue Jan 28 22:42:40 2003
Thanks to K8IA and KR6X for correcting my
mistaken assumption that I was the first to use SO2R
consistently in DX contests.

I was the first to do MODERN SO2R then.   :-)

I find it interesting to note that when I actively did
SO2R in DX contests starting in the early 80's, no one else in the
perennial top ten was doing it.   Some had a radio and amp
on each band, but they were not operating SO2R.

If it had been such a helpful and interesting strategy previously
used by W4KFC, W9IOP, KR6X, and others, why was it
abandoned  in DX contests?  Does anyone know?

73

Bob KQ2M