[CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R
From: kq2m@earthlink.net (Robert Shohet)
Date: Mon Jan 27 12:33:10 2003
Hi Ken,

This is the first SO2R "debate" that I have sat out.  It's hard NOT to
get sucked in but a lot easier on the blood pressure if you don't.

I'm not sure that anyone on this reflector has ever changed their
opinion because of intelligent posts (we can hope though)
but it is good that people are defending the value and
practice of SO2R against the "infidels"!

I find it amusing that no one ever bothers to mention that I was the
first guy who REALLY started using SO2R in every DX contest, back in
1985 and won the 1987-1989 ARRLCW by doing two radios before
it became "de rigueur".

After that, KC1F (who operated from K1EA back then) and K1TO
started using 2 radios as well.   :-).  Most of the rest of the perennial
top-10 started to use 2 radios in DX contests soon after that.

Now of course it is almost unthinkable to try to seriously compete
without 2 radios.   :-)

One of these days I will make the time to electronically switch my station
antennas, amps, radios, etc. instead of doing it manually

Are you planning to do serious SOABHP in ARRLCW in a few weeks?

73

Bob KQ2M