[CQ-Contest] So2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] So2R
From: jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Sat Jan 25 09:58:35 2003
> SO2R ops win not because they have an unfair advantage, it's because they
> have taught themselves to be better operators. We should celebrate that,
not

And if you believe that I have a bridge for sale :)

Common sense tells us that Formula One race cars should not be allowed to
enter the  local stock car race. Just like common sense tells us that
multi-single stations should not be entered in to the same category as
single-op. SO2R should be a category of its own UNTIL it becomes main
stream. For example, packet is almost mainstream - I could live with
dropping the assisted category but SO2R is far from mainstream and I expect
it will remain out of the mainstream for some time to come.

>The bottom line in my opinoin is that SO2R is just one of the 'tricks of
the trade' that
>folks use. Some are good at it, some are EXCELLENT at it, some are not.
Some will use
>it, some won't.  Until a body of evidence exsists for analysis to arrive at
a valid
>deduction.. all the rest is, as Ron puts it, personal agenda and/or
conjecture.

Let me see high power is a 'trick of the trade' -- it has its own category.
Packet is a 'trick of the trade' --  it has its own category for single ops.
Multiple operators is a 'trick of the trade' -- its has two categories.
There seems to be something missing from the logic of the above reasoning.

... Sylvan

Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK
http://www.dynamicforesight.com/~ve5zx