[CQ-Contest] Callsign Advantages

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Callsign Advantages
From: wk6i@twistedoak.com (Jeff Stai WK6I)
Date: Tue Mar 11 08:56:31 2003
At 04:32 PM 3/10/2003, david.e.burger@au.pwcglobal.com wrote:
>I'd suggest keeping the call - it is neat anyway... otherwise consider any
>2 by 1 callsign ala.....  KZ8Z and hand out a neat prefix in the WPX,
>Oceania contests.

it's cool to be a unique mult in a WPX contest, though it is a bit overrated -
seems like 80-90% of the calls are mults - I wouldn't use that as the main
reason for choosing a call, but ok as a side benefit...

I am not much of a CW contester, but in dx pileups the two dits at the end of
my call just don't seem to ever get lost - maybe it's just the fact that enough
of the two quick dits get thru, where one dit is not. In any case the
ITALY-INDIA thing is a bit of a bother in phone tests and pileups.

Just do RTTY contesting and you won't have any issues...;-) 73 - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/
Amateur Radio           WK6I