[CQ-Contest] Callsign Advantages

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Callsign Advantages
From: k8gt@flash.net (Gerry Treas K8GT)
Date: Tue Mar 11 12:40:56 2003
Uh, Ted . . .

KT1V ends in a DAH (dash), so no problem, but better yet, the
"1" and the "V" are mirror image complements and produce a very
nice rythm.  On the other hand KR1G ended in a DIT and I imagine
you had enough instances of folks coming back to "KR1M ??".
I have K8GT ending in T with no real problems, outside of someone
coming back to K6GT or K8ZT ?? enough times.  The only problem
is lack of good rythm on CW.  K8GA would have been much better
in hindsight.  Any are better than my old call K8QLK.  You definitely
don't want to use a call ending in "K" on CW.  K8QL ??  KT1V
is a very nice call.  Good luck with it.

73, Gerry, K8GT

I changed from KR1G to KT1V, a call with alot of dits near the
end, and
>perhaps surprisingly, it works very well on CW.
>
>I had the active help of the man of 100 callsigns, Dave >Patton,
who has come over a few times to prove my call >works on CW.
He was right >- a trailing "V" is no problem >on CW.